Our pre application service
Prior to submitting an enquiry or planning application, you may find our Do I need Planning Permission page useful. This includes a number of self-assessment forms for general householder development (e.g.: extension, outbuildings, boundary treatments etc).
Pre-application advice is part of giving you a positive and proactive planning process. It involves getting advice from a planning officer on your planned development before you start the normal planning process, giving you an assessment of whether there is a reasonable chance of you getting planning permission.
This process is useful as it provides:
- you and the Council with a clear understanding of the objectives of policy(ies) and constraints on any development
- identify and help you understand any local restrictions or policies that may affect your proposals
- an opportunity to discuss, with your case officer, possible site issues such as connections with services and utilities such as water, electricity and sewage
- an opportunity for wider engagement, where appropriate, with other stakeholders, including the local community and neighbours
- reduces the likelihood of you submitting an invalid application – we will provide you with a list of all the necessary documentation, information and fees to assist, if applicable, with the submission of your planning application. Doing so means we can validate and register your application as efficiently as possible
If you intend to apply for planning permission we strongly advise that you use this service. Applications submitted in the absence of any pre-application discussions are likely to be refused without further negotiation if significant amendments are required to make the development acceptable.
All requests for pre-application advice must be made via our pre-application advice form.
Submit using our online form.
Or download the pre-application advice form:
You must provide the minimum level of information set out in the form to ensure that appropriate and timely advice can be given. Please note we no longer accept cheques as a method of payment, however you can pay online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our fees and charges document (PDF File, 807kb) [PDF] includes the fee for this service.
Also, to encourage wider engagement, we also hold Development Consultation Forum’s for appropriate large-scale and/or contentious developments – details of which are provided in the associated document: Development Consultation Forum (PDF File, 605kb) As part of pre-application process, those developments that might benefit from a Forum will be identified to the developer and relevant parties notified of the meeting.