Building Prosperity in Newark and Sherwood
We want businesses to thrive in Newark and Sherwood.
That’s why we offer a free support service to businesses looking to move to our district or those wanting to expand. We also help businesses to access financial support through a number of regional and national schemes. Find out more about how we can help your business on the Invest Newark and Sherwood website.
Our key priorities for economic development are:
- the creation of 3,900 new jobs in Newark by 2050
- growth in specific sectors of the economy, specifically the digital economy, aerospace, logistics, education and innovation
- creating new homes in the town centre, increasing footfall by bringing in 2,400 new residents to Newark by 2050
- the creation of 600 additional further education places thereby upskilling and reskilling our local labour market
- improving public realm to create attractive places and drive footfall, investment and dwelling time in our town centres
- increasing resident spend within Newark by £12.3m in 2050
More information about how we are going to achieve these goals can be found in our Newark & Sherwood Economic Growth Strategy 2021-2026 (PDF File, 1,281kb) [PDF].
We have much to celebrate and be proud of in our district. It’s a great place to visit for heritage, nature and festivals. Find out more on our tourism pages.
We’re working with our local businesses, encouraging people to stay overnight with improved tourism offers and facilities and projects.