Newark became such a prominent town on the UK map by the time of the Civil Wars partly because of its prominent geographic positioning. Halfway between London and York, on Great North Road where it was safe to cross the River Trent. Today, with excellent rail and road connections, it is easier than ever to visit Newark.
National Civil War Centre,
For any other details regarding your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newark is well located next to the A1 and A46.
If using satellite navigation (satnav) please enter the postcode NG24 1JY
• 30 - 40 mins from Lincoln, Nottingham & Doncaster.
• 1 hour from Derby, Leicester & Sheffield.
• 1 ½ hours from Birmingham, Bradford, Coventry, Leeds & Hull.
Newark has ample long stay parking only a 10 minute walk from the Centre. There is car parking available throughout the town centre, with accessible parking recommended at Appletongate Car Park.
A drop off point for cars and coaches is available just outside the museum entrance.
Newark Bus Station is on Lombard Street, in the town centre (7 mins).
East Coast Mainline - Newark Northgate Station
Newark Castle Station
• 9 mins walk from both stations
• 30 minutes from Lincoln.
• 40 – 45 minutes from Nottingham and York.
• 1 hour from Leeds and Sheffield.
• 1½ hours from London.